Bowen Yang addressed the rumors connecting him to Shane Gillis getting fired from SNL, and his unexpected reaction has left everyone stunned.

Bowen Yang has addressed accusations that he played a role in Shane Gillis’ firing from Saturday Night Live (SNL), 

firmly denying any involvement in the decision that led to Gillis’ removal from the show in 2019. 

The controversy resurfaced when Michelle Best, a former SNL background actor, commented on an Instagram post promoting Gillis’ return to the show as a host.

Michelle Best’s Controversial Comment

The drama began when Best commented on a clip shared by SNL and Gillis, suggesting that Yang was responsible for Gillis’ firing. 

In her comment, she accused Yang of pushing Gillis out of the show and praised Gillis for returning despite the alleged circumstances. 

She referred to Yang as a “whiny queen” and claimed that Gillis was unfairly dismissed.

“Can we acknowledge that Bowen Yang bitched him off the show – and he’s the bigger man to come host after being unfairly ditched bc of a whiny queen,” Best wrote. She went on to describe Gillis as a “kind” individual with “smart humor” who stands up to bullying.

Bowen Yang’s Response to the Accusation

Yang, who is currently gaining attention for his role in Wicked, did not stay silent following Best’s comments. He firmly denied any role in Gillis’ firing, pushing back against the rumor that he was responsible for the comedian’s exit from SNL.

Yang and Gillis both joined SNL in 2019, but shortly after being hired, Gillis was let go when past controversial remarks resurfaced. A 2018 YouTube video from his podcast, Matt and Shane’s Secret Podcast, was unearthed, revealing Gillis using a racial slur and mocking Chinese accents. The backlash was swift, and SNL made the decision to terminate his contract before he had the chance to perform on the show.

Yang later recalled his last conversation with Gillis before the firing, stating, “I ended the call by saying, ‘I guess I’ll just see you at work.’ He laughed and said, ‘Sure,’ and hung up. Then they announced that he was fired.”

Michelle Best’s Connection to SNL

While Michelle Best has never been a full-time cast member of SNL, she previously worked as a background actor on the show. She notably appeared in a 2019 sketch titled Fashion Coward, which featured cast members Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant, along with host Emma Stone.

Despite her recent controversial remarks, Best has spoken positively about her experience working on SNL. In a social media post celebrating the show’s 50th anniversary, she shared her appreciation for the behind-the-scenes crew and expressed admiration for the fast-paced nature of production.

“I’ve been cut from more sketches than I’ve made it into, yet it’s the only background work I’ll accept because it’s literally the most amazingly fast, highly technical work I have ever seen done,” she wrote. She went on to praise the set designers, costumers, and props team for their contributions to the show’s success.

Shane Gillis’ Return to SNL

Despite the controversy that surrounded his firing, Gillis made his return to SNL as a host in February 2024. During his monologue, he made light of his past exit, joking with the audience about it.

“Most of you probably have no idea who I am,” he said. “I was actually fired from this show a while ago, but if you know, don’t look that up, please. Please don’t Google that.”

Gillis’ return to SNL has been widely discussed, with some seeing it as a sign of the show moving past previous controversies. His hosting appearance marks a notable comeback after being dismissed under contentious circumstances.

Conclusion

Bowen Yang has firmly denied any involvement in Shane Gillis’ firing, refuting claims made by former SNL background actor Michelle Best. While Best’s comments reignited debate over Gillis’ 2019 dismissal, Yang remains clear that the decision was not his to make. Meanwhile, Gillis has returned to the SNL stage, seemingly embracing his past with humor and continuing to build his career.

Follow us to see more useful information, as well as to give us more motivation to update more useful information for you.

Related Posts

Featured Image

After numerous legal battles, singer Taylor Swift has successfully reclaimed ownership of her initial six albums. This development led Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson to offer heartfelt encouragement on Instagram: “Don’t surrender – stand up for what belongs to you!”

Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson Celebrate Taylor Swift’s Emotional Victory: “She Took It All Back!” Taylor Swift has marked a pivotal moment in her career by reclaiming…

Featured Image

From HGTV personality to aspiring politician: “Home Town” builder Ben Napier discusses his aspirations for office and his campaign motto “Big Ben Means Business” for Laurel, Mississippi in 2025—might he seek re-election?

HGTV’s Ben Napier Opens Up About His Political Aspirations: Will He Run for Office Again? Ben Napier, the beloved co-host of HGTV’s popular show “Home Town,” has…

Featured Image

During his fifty-sixth birthday party, singer Brian McKnight has been accused by his sibling and former spouse regarding the passing of his stepchild, all while previous allegations of misconduct arise.

Brian McKnight Haunted by Sexual Abuse Lawsuit and Tragic Death of Estranged Son Niko as He Turns 56 As Grammy-winning R&B artist Brian McKnight celebrates his 56th…

Featured Image

During the Trump-Musk controversy, Karoline Leavitt, a candidate for Congress, surprises everyone by publicly supporting Elon Musk. Is this a brave political decision or just a way to grab attention?

Karoline Leavitt Makes Stance Clear in Trump-Musk Spat with Very Pointed Post In today’s rapidly shifting political landscape, individuals are taking a stand, and one of the…

Featured Image

After being in a relationship for eight years, Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin from Coldplay have officially split up: What caused their careers to lead them in different directions?

The REAL reason behind Chris Martin and Dakota Johnson’s breakup revealed — actress was “devastated” After an eight-year relationship that captured the hearts of many, Dakota Johnson…

Featured Image

In a shocking trial in Manhattan, a social media personality claims that rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs and his partner utilized more than 20 bottles of baby oil during an unusual 2021 “incident,” revealing potential issues in their relationship.

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Girlfriend Used at Least Two Dozen Bottles of Baby Oil to “Go Wild,” Influencer Testifies in Explosive Court Trial In a dramatic courtroom saga,…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!